The 231 Extreme Short Shaft Kit is what short-wheelbase Wrangler owners have been dreaming about for decades. Not only does the Extreme Short Shaft Kit improve on strength, but it also increases driveshaft length by up to 7 inches over a stock application. This kit is also more than 3 inches shorter than a standard Slip Yoke Eliminator Kit and 1-1/2 inches shorter than an ATLAS II. Speedometer readings are transferred through a tone ring and electronic sensor.
INCLUDES: all necessary components to modify the stock 231 transfer case.
• TJ Wrangler
• LJ Wrangler Unlimited (long-wheelbase)
• 231 Extreme Short Shaft Kit Output Seal (# 2199920).
• 231 Extreme Short Shaft Kit Output Yoke (# 600071).
• 231 Extreme Short Shaft Kit Output Yoke Nut (# 231112).
• 231 Extreme Short Shaft Kit Speed Sensor (# 4990254).
• Requires a converter box to calibrate the speedometer.
• This kit must be used w/ a CV style (double cardan) driveshaft.
• Fits 231-J transfer cases only.
• Earlier 231 applications w/ mechanical speedometer cable require updating to an electronic speedometer.
INSTALL TIME: 5 Hours
Weight: 10 KG
LJ Wrangler Unlimited